Thursday 23 April 2009

The Other Boleyn Girl


I wanted to read this book before I saw the film. Still haven't watched the film yet but loved the book. I'm not usually into this type of book but I do find Henry VIII strangely interesting.

This historical novel is well written and captivates your imagination. I could picture living in tudor times and see the attraction to attending court and being part of that way of life, enjoying the banquets and flamboyance of the many dances and balls!

Being part of Henry's Court seemed very dangerous and volatile and you could be dismissed or worse at a moments notice if you no longer served a purpose.

Thoroughly enjoyed this book and it has fed my interest in Henry and other Kings and Queens!

1 comment:

  1. hey Goosey - can i have a loan of this book please!
    i loved the Tudor period of history as a child and still find it interesting - if only we had studied Kings and Queens for history cse's i would've done really well as it was we did the industrial revolution {{{yawn}}} and i got grade rubbish lol.

    ReplyDelete